Monday, February 21, 2011

Location, Location, Location

Jesus said, “If any of you wants to serve me, then follow me. Then you'll be where I am, ready to serve at a moment's notice. The Father will honor and reward anyone who serves me.” ~John 12:26, The Message

Have you ever wondered where God was at?  Usually we look for God when we have needs, we experience difficulties and our circumstances overwhelm us.  We haven’t been with him for some time, we’ve lost track of his location.  Have you ever muttered, “Hum, let’s see; where did I put God?”  I’m sure no one has, but we live like we’re trying to locate Him.  We join a local church that is at a convenient location and with programs that entertain and serve us.  If we think the service isn’t allowing us to get fed, we simply leave to be served at another location.  We hope we are in the right church location, so we sit and wait to receive the honor and glory God has for those who serve Christ. 

Could it be, if we truly wanted to locate the Lord that we would want to serve Christ Jesus?  If so, then, we’d want to follow him.  And, yes, then we would know where He is!  As Jesus said, “Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be” (John 12:26a NIV).  Jesus told us that our “location” is with Him, when we serve and follow Christ—there is no need look for Jesus’ location, if we’re serving him, we’re at His location.  When Jesus told the disciples, “I am with you always” (Matt 28:20), he was talking to those who served and followed him.  Where are you?  

 Owen <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive