Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Fortune Cookie Gospel

Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him,
because he always lives to intercede for them.   
~ Hebrews 7:24b-25

I was thinking back on an occasion when my bride worked late, so this lazy guy stopped on the way home for my favorite Thai meal.  After eating, I sat looking out the window thinking about the Lord in my life, just reflecting upon how He placed me into His favor, blessed me eternally, and ensures our provision; and all this flows out of God’s love … unmerited love.
 
Then, a big Thai smile got my attention as I was handed my check … and for some odd reason the customary “Chinese” fortune cookie.
 
I cracked open the cookie to read my fortune, it read:
 
Someone is speaking well of you.” 
 
My spirit jumped, bringing to mind, “Christ Jesus, … was raised to life – is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us” (Rom. 8:34). 
 
In that moment He poured over my spirit with the soothing oil of the Spirit’s presence, ministering with a healing salve for my soul. 
Know that Jesus is “speaking well of you” to the Father this moment.  Christ’s Spirit quenches all emptiness with the fullness and infilling of his presence, bringing an immeasurable peace and true joy deep in your soul.  When Jesus is on your mind, you were already on His lips, you are always in his words, you will find Him wherever you are … and He will be interceding for you there at that moment, “speaking well of you.”

Owen <><

        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive