Saturday, January 29, 2011

Listen

“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.”  John 10:27

A wonderful thing is involving children in church league sports.  I had a bonus blessing while watching my granddaughter play basketball on her 6 to 8 year old team.  At halftime, in addition to getting a rest and refreshment, the official called both teams together and they all sat in front of him.  

As both teams sat together he read John 10:27.  He then asked the girls this simple question, “When you’re on the court during the game who do you listen to?”  Several good answers were shouted, to include “God,” “Jesus,” and finally one girl said, “My coach!”  That was the answer he was looking for, “Yes,” he said.  The referee then told them that because you know the coach personally, you recognize the coach’s voice, you then listen to the coach’s voice, and you follow what you are told. 

His point was simple.  No matter who is yelling what you’re to do, only listen to the coach’s voice to follow.  In every portion of life, you will hear a lot of different voices telling you what to do, but know the voice of Jesus, then, follow Jesus.   

Listen, follow,

Owen <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive