Monday, May 29, 2017

I Never Thought About It

For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him?”
~ 1 Corinthians 2:11

The world has changed.  We have to accept it as it is, to like or dislike it isn’t the task, but accept that change is no longer coming, it is here.  Can anyone, anywhere truly live in a Christian nation?  We do find it easy to give comment on the lifestyles and irreverence toward God reflected by society.  What is our response?  Do we ever give … thought … leading to tears over the emptiness of those who surround us?  Our focus narrows on people’s indifference of Godly living, no weighing the result of being without Christ.  Never giving thought to sharing what God offers for them.

I share because of an awakening given me years ago.  I asked a man about having Christ in his life.  His answer stunned me, and changed me.  He gave me an honest answer when he said,
 
 "I never thought about it."
 
We live in a society not thinking of God.  I had believed that everyone had thought about God, including salvation through Christ.  An honest man without Christ had taught me a valuable lesson.  The truth in Jesus’ words to me, you, are to be a witness and teach about Him (Matt. 28:18-20, Acts 1:8).  There is a need to think on how to approach those who have never been given an opportunity to think on the story of Christ.  Why?  They have not heard it.  Now I understand.  Others must learn the gospel story of Christ.  Paul learned and then exclaimed “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” (Rom. 10:15).  It may take days, months, a year or more to tell someone about Christ, but when God’s Spirit whispers, “Ask now,” ask, the reply you will hear is, “I’ve been thinking … … …”

Giving thought to emptiness,
Owen <><

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.”  ~ Col. 3:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive