Saturday, April 25, 2015

My Prayer, By His Power

“Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of hosts” (Zechariah 4:6).

I have no might or power, only my Lord's Holy Spirit can manifest a good work, indeed bring a miracle to pass.  … … I can never again pray for help, to ask God to empower me, and never can I ask to help accomplish Christ’s work.
I can only pray with a surrendered will and life to my Lord, in hope that he will use me as an open conduit, through which His Holy Spirit’s power accomplishes the will of my Father.

So, I pray, “Not I, not by what my will desires, but in the will and by the power of the Lord God Almighty’s Spirit may God’s will be manifest. In the Name above all names, Jesus Christ, so be it, Amen and Amen.” 
“Father, … yet not my will, but yours be done” (Luke 22:42).
In Christ alone, a conduit of His Spirit,
Owen <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive