Wednesday, October 23, 2013

When you love God ...

"And the Father who knows all hearts knows, of course, what the Spirit is saying as he pleads for us in harmony with God's own will.  And we know that all that happens to us is working for our good if we love God and are fitting into his plans." 
~ Romans 8:27-28 TLB

A few years ago I prepared to take a trip, when I noticed that my spare tire cable under my SUV was loose, so I got the crank handle and snugged the tire into place. Snap! Whoomp! The cable broke and the tire kissed the pavement of my driveway. I was ready to explode, but I held my temper, and placed the tire in the back storage area – I’d just wait till I got home to replace the cable, no big deal.

Then the sweet Spirit of the Lord brushed me, … I stopped and thanked God for His love, and mercy, and praised my Abba Father for His promise to care for His children.

I thanked Him for answering the prayers of the people traveling behind me on the Interstate Highway, for answering their request of traveling mercies and safety. I thanked Him, though they would never know, … nor would I know the family unharmed by a tire that broke loose on the highway and crashed into their windshield. I thanked him for a family unharmed, undestroyed, and for answering their prayer, and my prayer, that I not cause evil.

Thank you Jesus, I love you,
Owen<><

 
Romans 8:27-29 NIV
And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit,
     because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive