Sunday, October 13, 2013

God's Attentiveness to Your Prayers

Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.” 
~2 Chronicles 7:15

 Having God to open Himself to me is fulfillment of my heart’s desire.   I trust in Him and want him to be attentive to me!  Don’t you!? 
We want God to show up in our temple, “this place” we call our church, we want an alter call that drips with the honey of his anointing.  O’ that the Lord is attentive to my prayers and cries for healing – I yearn to be bathed in His Spirit, His upwelling that immerses me in the deep river of His healing by power of the resurrection of Christ.  
Yes, Lord, open your eyes and look upon me, open your ears and hear me … be attentive to my prayers, my well-being … thank you precious Jesus! 
Praise you Lord Jesus! Hallelujah!
And, God will be attentive to all of us, to look upon us and listen to us.  But, this comes with a cost to His beloved children, there is a condition, God said, “… if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land” (2 Chron 7:14). 
 
What is the cost?  You and I are to:
(1) be humble to God – trust him completely; being … worshipful, not prideful, but repentant; (2) we’re to pray, talk to God, talk to him in love and thanksgiving and adoration before we ask of him our needs … believe it to be done; (3) seek God, His ways and fellowship, run after communion with Him, long to look into his face and drink in His glory; and (4) turn from our way of doing life, very often sin.  We must follow His ways, commands, and Word and seek righteousness.  Love the Lord with your all, with all of our heart and soul – expect the unimaginable!
Owen <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive