Sunday, October 6, 2013

Self-Help or His-Help

Need answers … or a life change, a fresh breath to renew you?

This may seem religious to you, but – I have been enriched by reading “the” Book.
When I put down the “self-help” book and pick up the “let-God-help-you” book …
things change, not by my effort, but by a transformation throughout my being.
I get refreshed from being in God’s Word – my thirst for truthful answers is quenched.

So, the best message may come when we shelve the self-help book ...
and pick up a Bible. 

As the Bible says:
“Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another — showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us.”

2 Timothy 3:16-17 The Message

The Bible, is not another plan to follow in order to get better next week. 


God challenges me. 
I get answers. 
I get checked. 
I then learn to let God control what I can’t.  
I get answers that I needed, … the best answers are to questions I never asked.  

Reading exciting stories,
Owen <>< 

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive