Friday, October 18, 2013

You talkin’ to me?

Peter asked, "Lord, are you telling this parable to us, or to everyone?"   Luke 12:41

It seems that when the word of the Lord is proclaimed, the essence of what is right and wrong, the core of our relationship being focused on the Lord Jesus Christ, our humility being with complete dependence on God, or the availability of power through the Holy Spirit, well, we all seem to balk. 
 
It becomes “obvious” that the message at hand may not be for us. 
 
We’re like Peter, we want to know if the message is for “us, or to everyone,”
… most often we think that the message “wasn’t for me, but to someone else.” 
 
Peter could have asked, “You talkin’ to me?”

The whole Bible Scripture is very clear on how we are to live, or not live as is appropriate (check out Mark 12:30-31, Galatians 5:13-26, Colossians 3:2-17 for starters).  In fact, when referencing how not to live, it is stated, “that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God” (Gal 5:21). 
 
 
 
Gee, I wonder, “Lord, are you telling this …  to us, or to everyone … really, are you talkin’ to me?”  Now, living in a certain way is not your “ticket” to heaven … yet, lifestyle does reflect if Christ is truly in your heart.  So, who among us is being spoken to?

I’m Listening as I Live In Christ,

Owen <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive