Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Need a Shovel?


I read a comment on Scripture that triggered within me a question to ask myself. How should I live the gospel, how do I “walk in the footsteps of the faith” (Rom 4:12) and keep in step with God’s Spirit (Gal. 5:25)?  If I am to live the gospel by faith in Christ, shouldn’t I breathe and live out life in complete humble dependence upon my Father God?
The statement that triggered how to live by faith in God was this: 
 
“Christ said we could move mountains if we only had faith.
But He didn't say we wouldn't need a shovel.” 
 
 
 But this is what Jesus did say in Matthew 17:20:
 
Because you have so little faith.
I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,
'Move from here to there' and it will move.
Nothing will be impossible for you."

It takes complete humility to accept God’s Word, to trust Him fully in all things, and to know that your faith has hope, not a task to do what God doesn’t. 
 
 
It is by faith that mountains will move, that barriers will be torn down, and the Holy Spirit’s enablement is given to do all things through Christ – by faith alone in the One who spoke the promise:
Nothing will be impossible for you." 
 
I will follow the Lord’s, and not man’s wisdom.  I will cling to Jesus’ declaration, "all things are possible with God" (Mark 10:27) – no tools or effort needed by me, I’m humble enough to admit that God has control and that I am NOT.    

All faith through Christ alone,

Owen <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive